Tuesday 22 November 2011

Today's poem - The Language of the United Kingdom

Sometimes, I'm so obsessed with the language
of the United Kingdom,
that even my thoughts are in some kind of English.
British, Irish, Scottish, Cockney, it doesn't really matter
if just it is from England.

Except from Welsh.
I'm not really into how that sounds.
My thoughts are never in Welsh.
At least not from what I know of.


It mostly happens after watching a film where the characters are from the UK. Tonight it was Trainspotting. Click the link and you will be guided to the Internet's beloved Wikipedia, so I won't have to tell you what the film is about, 'cause, you see, the thing is, that I am absolutely terrible at explaining what a film is about. I'm starting in the middle, the the ending, back to the middle, a bit from the start and then the ending. And then I forgot to tell the whole point of the film, or just what the actual film was about. Anyways, it's a lovely film, you ought watch it.
Okay, where were we? It mostly happens after watching a film, yes. Then their language is stuck in my brain and so is it when I've chatted with a foreign person in English (because that's the only language other than Danish I'm aaaaaalmost fluent in. Almost). But yeah... then the language is just stuck in my brain, as said.
But when Englishmen say that I'm good at English, there must be something about it, aight?

No comments:

Post a Comment